Friday, December 17, 2021

31 DAYS OF CHRISTMAS WITH DAWN OF THE DEAD: DAY 17


Today's post features a bit of trivia or even useful information on the walkie talkies used in DAWN OF THE DEAD. Years ago, I was able to track down two of them for my collection. All I did was look at the movie carefully whenever you can see them clearly. You can see them in the movie fairly clearly from the front when Roger and Peter enter the mall control room and discover the floor plans, keys, and the control panel. “How about a little music? Might cover the noise we make…” Roger grabs them from a shelf. Later on you can see Peter and Stephen using them to communicate when the bikers and raiders enter the mall. You can really see the top of what one looks like when Stephen is talking in his. So I took note of how they looked and went on eBay to look at vintage walkie talkies. I found ones that fit the bill very easily by matching up what I saw in the movie. The ones in the film and the ones that I have are the Radio Shack branded Realistic Model: TRC-99C CB or Citizens Band Solid State 3 Channel Transceiver Radio circa 1971 or later. Now you can go off and find one or two for yourself. I’ll also provide more pictures of them below.


Each day this month I will be showing you something cool, rare, or even noteworthy concerning DAWN OF THE DEAD as a Christmas Present to the fans from me. I hope that you are enjoying this holiday look at DAWN OF THE DEAD. 







No comments:

Post a Comment