Sunday, December 19, 2021

31 DAYS OF CHRISTMAS WITH DAWN OF THE DEAD: DAY 19


Today's post features another one of these cool re-creation and comparison combos, that I must be known for by now. This one is special because I have not yet shown you any of these in the control room/boiler room area. In actuality, it’s the HVAC center of the mall. This place is not generally accessible to the public. Since 2017 though, I have been able to take my Monroeville Mall tours down there each year. So these tours are not to be missed. They only take place during the Living Dead Weekend events, so when those tickets become available, get ‘em while you can. They do sell out. The next event is June 10-12, 2022.


Over the years, many of the pipes, and various parts in this room have been replaced with newer versions and some of them don’t quite match what you see in the movie. It can be challenging to line up the way things looked in this room during the filming of the movie and now, but I was able re-create some great shots from the film, and I got a ton of photos down there. I’ll show you more in due time, but today we have this one shot featuring Peter and Roger when they first enter the area and head toward the control room.


There is no marble to match up down there, but structural things like metal columns and other things can still be matched in both shots, even if they have been repainted new colors. Many pipes and things have changed, but many things have remained the same, study these shots and you will see more of the same things, in the same place, than various other views that I can show you down there. This is why I chose this one shot in particular, to whet your appetite for more in the future. I do have lots more in here…


Each day this month I will be showing you something cool, rare, or even noteworthy concerning DAWN OF THE DEAD as a Christmas Present to the fans from me. I hope that you are enjoying this holiday look at DAWN OF THE DEAD. 

1 comment:

  1. Genesis Classic-Video-Games-5-Sega-Neconion: Video Games
    Genesis Classic-Video-Games-5-Sega-Neconion: Video Games. For the youtube to mp3 cc new Sega Genesis games, you can play these titles directly in the browser (in no particular order):.

    ReplyDelete