Tuesday, December 21, 2021

31 DAYS OF CHRISTMAS WITH DAWN OF THE DEAD: DAY 21



The subject of today’s post is this rarely seen photo of Ken Foree as “Peter” in DAWN OF THE DEAD. In this photo you see him inspecting the guns in the gun store. It’s a great shot, not only because Ken is in it, but it has a great view of the gun store not seen in the movie. Over the years many people ask if there really was a gun store in the mall at that time. The fact is that there was no gun store in the mall during the filming of the movie, so through movie trickery, they made it seem like there was a gun store in the mall. The scenes in the gun store were filmed inside of Firearms Unlimited located in the East Liberty section of Pittsburgh. There is one other thing that I would like to mention in this post, Ken Foree just joined Instagram, you should follow him there if you want to keep up with all his latest things that he has going on.

Here’s the link to his Instagram:


https://instagram.com/kenforee8?utm_medium=copy_link


As I said earlier, today’s post features a very rare photo, it comes from the same set of Australian transparencies that I mentioned in my first post on Day 1 of the 31 Days Of Christmas with DAWN OF THE DEAD. I already provided The information that I know about them in that post, but it bears repeating it again. 


I scanned this photo today from a 4X5 transparancy issued for promotional purposes by United Artists in Australia. United Artists handled the release of DAWN OF THE DEAD in Australia in April of 1980. This photo is one in a set of 16 of 4X5 transparancies which also came with a 2 page supplement that provides "Color key set captions" whatever that means.


Each day this month I will be showing you something cool, rare, or even noteworthy concerning DAWN OF THE DEAD as a Christmas Present to the fans from me. I hope that you enjoy this holiday look at DAWN OF THE DEAD. 

No comments:

Post a Comment