Friday, December 31, 2021

31 DAYS OF CHRISTMAS WITH DAWN OF THE DEAD: DAY 31



It’s New Years Eve…HAPPY NEW YEAR!


DAY 31 of the 31 Days Of Christmas with DAWN OF THE DEAD


For this final day of my special event this month, I have one final Christmas present for you. It’s a rare video, seen only by a select few people today, but now presented to you all, on this special day, for the world to see.


On the evening of Monday March 6th, 1978, at 7:30 pm, KDKA-TV channel 2 in Pittsburgh, aired a special segment of their “Evening Magazine” show titled “Making DAWN OF THE DEAD A Horror Hit”. This was a behind the scenes look at the filming of DAWN OF THE DEAD. From looking at the footage, it would seem that “Evening Magazine” visited the set of DAWN OF THE DEAD twice. Once on Press Day which was January 14th, 1978 and also on February 1, 1978. Press Day was the day when many writers for different magazines, newspapers, or other media outlets visited the set to witness the filming of DAWN OF THE DEAD and write articles for their respective media outlets. “Evening Magazine” was able to capture some great footage of many scenes being filmed on both occasions seen in their video segment. They also got an exclusive interview with director George Romero during that second set visit. It’s a great bit of footage, all told. But enough of what I have to say…see the footage for yourself at the following link on my YouTube channel WGON TV:


https://youtu.be/aKZEGxlc2OQ


I sincerely hope that all of you DAWN OF THE DEAD fans have loved my posts this month. It was a lot of work, but so worth it. Not only was it a joy to talk about DAWN OF THE DEAD and my love for everything associated with the movie, but it’s also gotten me excited enough to entertain the prospect of possibly writing my own book or books on DAWN OF THE DEAD. Would you buy a book that I created? I’d hope that you would. Thanks for all your great comments and for reading and liking my posts.


Have a HEALTHY and HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Larry D.


P.S. I have something up my sleeve for February which is George Romero’s birthday month…think of a month-long celebration…until then…Stay Scared!


No comments:

Post a Comment