Thursday, December 9, 2021

31 DAYS OF CHRISTMAS WITH DAWN OF THE DEAD: DAY 9



 

Today's post features a rare behind the scenes photo of a woman actor with a bite on her neck, from DAWN OF THE DEAD. I’m sure you may recognize this woman from the movie, but if you don’t I’ll refresh your memory. Near the beginning of DAWN, the SWAT team enters the tenement building and during the chaos, a zombie wanders around and enters a hallway. His wife sees him and yells out his name. She says “Miguelito! Miguel! Miguelito!” and she runs to her zombie husband. Her zombie husband was played by Pittsburgh actor Tommy Lafitte. Tommy has been in many films over the years, notably in films like HEARTSTOPPER, even SILENCE OF THE LAMBS, and JACK REACHER. DAWN OF THE DEAD was his first filmed acting role. In the scene in the movie, the woman in the above picture runs to him, he then bites her on the neck and as she screams in pain, he also bites her on the arm. She then gets pulled away from him by some SWAT guys and as they get clear of the zombie, SWAT guys shoot the zombie and kill it. The photo above is a side view of her special effect wound. I’ll include screen captures of this scene below. 


The original shots I’ll provide below come from the Full Frame Argento European cut of DAWN OF THE DEAD produced in 2016 by Midnight Factory and Koch Media in Italy. 


Each day this month I will be showing you something cool, rare, or even noteworthy concerning DAWN OF THE DEAD as a Christmas Present to the fans from me. I hope that you are enjoying this holiday look at DAWN OF THE DEAD. 






1 comment:

  1. 🤔Gee, I'm still wondering what the name of the lady who played Miguel's wife's name is. I wonder if she really was another local actress. I wonder if she ever did both Theater & Film like some of the cast who did appear in the same movie.

    ReplyDelete